Small Business Opportunities
HPA is committed to offering Maximum Practicable Opportunity (MPO) for Small Business (SB), Small Disadvantaged Business (SDB), Women-Owned Small Business (WOSB), Veteran-Owned Small Business (VOSB), Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SD/VOSB), and HUBZone SB concerns to participate as subcontractors on all our projects.
Efforts to provide the maximum practicable subcontracting opportunities for small business concerns may include, as appropriate for the procurement, one or more of the following actions:
- Breaking out contract work requirements into economically feasible units, as appropriate, to facilitate small business participation
- Conducting market research to identify small business subcontractors and suppliers through all reasonable means, such as performing on-line searches on the Central Contractors Registration, posting Notices of Sources Sought and/or Requests for Proposal on SBA’s SUB-Net, participating in business Matchmaking events, and attending pre-bid conferences
- Soliciting small business concerns as early in the acquisition process as practicable to allow them sufficient time to submit a timely offer for the subcontract
- Providing interested small business with adequate and timely information about the plans, specifications, and requirements for performance of the prime contract to assist them in submitting a timely offer for the subcontract
- Directing small businesses that need additional assistance to SBA
- Utilizing the available services of small business associations; local, state, Federal small business assistance offices, and other organizations and encourage small business entities to register with SBA/CCR
- Participating in the formal mentor-protégé program with one or more small business protégés that results in developmental assistance to the protégé(s)
- Advertising subcontracting opportunities in FedBizOpps (www.fbo.gov)
- Advertising subcontracting opportunities by sending emails to small business concerns local to that particular jobsite
- Keeping the playing field level, allowing all bidders reasonable time to respond and providing the same information to all prospective subcontractors
- Providing debriefings to unsuccessful small business offerors.
- Assisting interested small businesses in obtaining bonding, lines of credit, required insurance, necessary equipment, supplies, materials, or services